Hubby and Me

Monday, May 11, 2009

Spell RELAX

I wish I could. You know me.

Last weekend was the fire department's annual auction. People from all over donate their "junk" for us to auction off to other people who collect "junk". I spent quite a bit of time all week getting ready for this event. On Friday I had to go and get all the food for the kitchen. Hot Sausage w/peppers and onions, sloppy joes, hot dogs, all the buns, chips, pop, etc. I also had to bake 3 pies (all members) for the kitchen, plus I made 19 loves of bread. I tried a new recipe (using my already infamous wheat bread recipe), called Cinnamon Roll Bread. OH MY! This was some tasty stuff. Sandy Cole called me at 9:30 pm to tell me it wasn't any good, but if I had more she would take a couple more loaves. I was grinding wheat and making more at 11:00 pm Friday evening.Then on Saturday, my wonderful son calls at 5:45 am, yes am, to see if I want to go to breakfast. He knew I would be up. So after breakfast, he helped me get the rest of the stuff for Saturday night's auction. At noon, we were out of the cinnamon roll bread and they begged me to go home and make more. Now mind you, only the dept. members had tasted it so far. I was tempted, but didn't. I promised to make them all some additional loaves. John is sure I need to open a pastry shop, or at least a bread shop. When would I find the time? I spent 18 hours at the station on Saturday. It was for a good cause. We made $5000.00 on the auction, more than they have made in probably 10 years. It sure will come in handy.

For mother's day we barbequed at Dad's. So much food and so little room to put it. We were all stuffed to the gills. The guys and girls did a little target shooting when we were done eating. What fun they had. Next time I will get some pictures. Sarah and Annie can shoot as well as the guys can. They just love to show up the husbands. What smiles they have on those faces. It is fun to watch them all have such a good time together.

The rain is still wreaking havoc for my yard and garden. I have more to put in the garden and more blueberries and an apple tree to plant. The yard will probably need baled into bales when we finally get it mowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla