Hubby and Me

Saturday, June 27, 2009

We have veggies

This past couple of weeks have been crazy.

Last week we had severe storms go thru the area. There was major flooding, almost like in 1990, except no one lost their life. I worked at the EOC office until early in the morning (2am), taking phone calls from all the crazy people who didn't leave when they had the chance.

John bought a storage shed. We have worked on getting a solid base ready for it. That took most of the week, considering we had hay to put in while it was daylight. The base is ready and now we have to set up a time to have the building delivered. I think it will be more my building. He says that my stuff takes up too much space in his garage. The hay is all in. We finished John Jr.'s on Tuesday evening, after fighting with baler troubles all night Monday. Dad and John Jr. got his (dad's) done on Wednesday and Thursday. We were lucky to have good weather all week.

Garden is looking great. . .

I am going out to cut broccoli this morning. The romaine and leaf lettuces have been ready, and so is the spinach. Those three make a wonderful salad. I took one for the Father's Day picnic, and it was gone in no time. The cabbage is making nice heads, too.


The carrots on the front porch are the best looking ones I have ever had.


I have been thinning them out a little, hoping that I will have nice size carrots when it is all over.






The best of all. I have little cucumbers on the plants in the pots. I wasn't sure how they would do, but . . .

Off to the outside world. There are raspberries to pick today. We have been picking for almost a week. They came on two weeks early this year, but they are huge. The rain sure helped. Annie and I picked until dark at their place on Monday. I made berries and dumplings for dessert, oh soooo yummy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey mom...thank goodness your garden is so wonderful!!!! Since the deer have completely demolished ours...we might be "borrowing" your veggies haha :o) luv ya lots!!

    ReplyDelete

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla