Hubby and Me

Saturday, August 29, 2009

HOME . . .What a nice place

We are home. I love going away with John for a few days, but I LOVE coming home. My own bed and bathroom. What more can you ask for. I have so missed being in my kitchen all week. I know, strange, but if you know me you know I spend most of my days in my kitchen.
Day 1: Smoke Hole Caverns, Blackwater Falls and sleeping in Gettysburg.

Day 2: Touring Gettysburg. Probably my favorite. Then off to Hershey to sleep.

Day 3: M & H Train Ride (Middletown & Hummelstown) (Milk & Honey), Indian Echo Caverns, Hershey, Strausburg


This little yellow caboose is where we spent the night. Very quaint. The entire motel is several little cabooses that have been converted into sleeping quarters.

Day 4: Train museum in Strausburg, Pioneer Village (coal mine tour and train ride) then to sleep in Clarion, PA.

A small town in Amish country, PA, that is talked about in a lot of the books I have been reading.


Huge windmills that you see along the mountain tops.

Day 5: Oil City, Titusville, Drake Oil Well



We had a good time, but it sure feels good to be home. Lots more pictures. John filled the card for the camera. I only came home with aprons. Beautiful ones at that. John came home with hats. Shame he was sick all week while were were out and about. He is resting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla