Hubby and Me

Saturday, March 21, 2009

How do you spell RELIEF???

The emergency preparedness fireside is OVER!!! Not a huge turnout, but I think it went well with those that were there. We presented the Ward Emergency plan, how it will work, when, etc. I tore apart my 72hr. kit so that everyone could get a good idea what needs to go in it and why. Bishop is really going to be pushing this kind of stuff for the next several months. Hopefully some more will get the bug and do something.

I attended a "Setting up an Emergency Shelter" workshop today at our local emergency management agency. Very imformative, especially before our fireside tonight. They asked several questions in the workshop about how long we should have food stored for and how. I was able to talk about 72hr kits. The kinds of things to put in your kit and told them all to check the church website for a chart about how much and what to store.

My next class will probably be a HAM radio class. The stake has asked that every ward have someone be a radio operator. The class will be in May and testing in June. I think there will be several of us from church willing to take it.

What will be my next adventure???? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla