Hubby and Me

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Success

Last night was the RS Birthday Celebration, "My Sister's Hands". It was a huge success. At least in the fact that we had 28 sisters there. We had a light dinner, program and worked on making baby quilts. We had a visit come and has been looking for something like this for years. She wants to donate several quilts for us to tie and donate. Yea!!! We will be donating the quilts to the Salvation Army shelter in Bellaire, Ohio. They told us that they always need baby items.

Our next service project is helping a local organization send jelly beans to the troops. They have set a goal of 5000 bags, and we are going to contribute. This is an easy one.

I am hoping that the sisters at the program took away a good feeling about being able to serve others. I love being able to do things for others. I guess that was hugely due to my childhood. My parents have always been huge advocates of serving others. Didn't matter if it was at home, church, or community, that is just they way it is supposed to be. Hopefully I have instilled that in my own kids. I think I have. When I watch them, I see them doing the same kinds of things that their father and I do, so it is very heartwarming.

Next on the agenda. . . prepare for the emergency preparedness fireside on Saturday. We are going to present our Ward plan and focus on 72hr kits. Hope it is as successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla