Hubby and Me

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

SURPRISE . . . SURPRISE!!!!

I can't believe it. I was in a bread making contest last night. . . and I won. I took my wheat bread to be judged against pumpkin cloverleaf rolls and cranberry apple bread. I couldn't believe when they called my name. This was the first year they actually had a tasting competition for the Times Leader Holiday cookbook. Two ladies that I have known for years also won first in their categories. We won $100.00 in gift certificates and a nice bag of goodies from the Kitchen Collection store.

I started making bread at 6:00 am yesterday morning. I just wanted to have the perfect loaf. By 11:00 am I had made 14 loaves. I shared them with Janet and some of the guys at the firehouse. Way too many to keep here.

For those interested, the hives are gone. Still some redness, but the itching left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla