Hubby and Me

Friday, April 23, 2010

It's quiet

I do like my quiet time. . .but I sure do miss John when he is gone. I am glad that he is getting to spend a few days with his family in Washington. He really enjoys visiting with Chuck and Linda. He and Sarah are having a great time.

This week the Relief Society worked on another service project. We have 'adopted' the local domestic violence/sexual assault women's shelter. After talking with one of the ladies at length, I found out that they get plenty of donations for the women. . .but lack items for the kids that come in with the women. So, we are working on providing some of the things that they would miss from home. This month we worked on boxes for 4-9 year olds. The ladies hit the dollar stores and went crazy. Toys, socks, underwear, coloring books, puzzles, bubble bath, you name it we bought it. I took a car load over to them on Wednesday. They are so appreciative. We are doing 10-18 year olds this month. What fun. What joy it brings to our hearts to be able to help those children who may have left their homes in the middle of the night, with nothing.

It is only 5 in the morning, but I can't sleep, so, off to do some cleaning before running errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla