Hubby and Me

Friday, January 23, 2009

Well, after talking with my wonderful niece this morning, she convinced me that I needed to do this. Before starting, I will let you all know that I am not a computer person, but, I am going to give it a try.

A little about me.

I am married to the most wonderful man in the world (even after 30 years). John and I were married in the Washington DC LDS temple. We have two fantastic kids. John is married to Annie and they live a few miles from us. They are a great couple and enjoy tons of stuff together. Ask John about "Annie Oakley". Sarah is married to Brian and they live near also. She is also step-mom to McKayla. Sarah and Brian love to ski and travel.

More about me. . .
I volunteer with our local fire department as a firefighter/emt. I love being able to help the community. I work part-time (2 days a week). I am the Gospel Doctrine Teacher at church, I am also the enrichment counselor in Relief Society, and I am the food storage/emergency preparednesss leader. I love to be in the kitchen, baking, cooking, experimenting, canning, just whatever I can get my hands into. I love to read, cross-stitch, sew, crochet, and do genealogy. All of these depend on the time of year and the amount of time I have on hand.

The past year a lot of my time has been spent on emergency preparedness. Our church leaders (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) have counseled us for years to have food and supplies stored to last a year. They have urged us to be debt free. They have cautioned us to put our lives in order. Well, this last year, we have tried to do that. It feels good. It feels right. I feel comfortable in the fact, that even if I don't need the supplies, I have followed the counsel and obeyed. Wow. What a feeling of peace.

Hopefully by tomorrow I will figure out how to add the pictures I want.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Patty, seems like it's catching on in our little family of non computer people

    ReplyDelete

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla