Hubby and Me

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The ice started on Tuesday evening. I had to wait 5 minutes for my car to clear, before I could leave St. Clairsville. (Thank goodness for auto start in my car). It continued thru the night. Nice ice on the roads for Wednesday. We were on a level 3 emergency in the county and that means NO traffic unless you have an emergency. Well, of course, John went to work. The coal mine closes for nothing. It was a 'crunchy' ice so he didn't have too m any problems. Ice, rain and snow continued all day yesterday. More snow last night and this morning, and another inch or so expected today. It sure does make the roads and walking a hazard, but it is soooooooooo pretty. So far we have not last our power, which is unusual. It usually goes out if someone sneezes.

We are now down to a level 2 emergency. This means, stay off roads unless you really think it is necessary and call your employer to see if you need to report. I'm sure that Janet will tell me to stay home (lol). Thank goodness I only have to drive 3 miles. I'm sure today will be another busy day at the garage. People don't know how to slow down and drive, so of course they end up in the ditches and have to call for a tow truck.

Even though the roads can be horrible, what a beautiful sight. What a wonderful creation of our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla