Hubby and Me

Sunday, February 1, 2009

The sun is shining today and the ice and snow are melting. It is snowed quite a bit this past week. It really was very pretty. The snow on top of the ice would just glisten when the sun was out. Very pretty, but not so nice for getting about. There is supposed to be more snow coming this week. We could have another pretty good storm, depending on how it decided to move across the area. I would love to have more snow, but the ice isn't necessary.

My dear lovable husband seems to have a knack for enjoying visits to the local emergency rooms. It has been a few months and apparently he was missing this nice little PA that usually fixes him up, so we made a trip in there last evening. He was making a splice at work and put his utility knife into the muscle above his knee. It went in as far as the blade could go. He had to bandage himself up (closest EMT in mine), and then went back to work. He had a very saturated dressing when he finally got home. I took him to the ER and the Dr. gave him a couple of stitches. It is in an area, that unfortunately, every time he bends his leg, would have pulled open. He was sore and stiff last night but seemed pretty good this morning, considering. Got a nice tetanus shot, and was already on a round of antibiotics. Sarah gets to take the stitches out in a week. She can't wait.

Today was the last day for teaching my Gospel Doctrine Sunday School Class. When I was called 3 years ago, I was told I would teach all four of the standard works. Well, I didn't quite make it. This was the one calling that I used to always dread I would get. I never felt that I was smart enough to handle that class. Now, I am sorry that I am finished. I really did enjoy it. I learned so much more that any of the other students in the class. I will miss it, but still have plenty to do with my other two callings.

I am working on a Ward Preparedness Plan. If anyone has any tried and tested experiences I would love to hear about them.

1 comment:

  1. Uncle John, What is going on!?! You need to be more careful - even if the PA is too cute!:)
    You guys be careful in that snow and ice. You need to post a picture for the kids. Not much hope of snow here. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla