Hubby and Me

Saturday, February 7, 2009

This has truly been along week.

The mother of a friend of mine passed away on Thursday. I had transported her to the hospital just a day earlier. There were really no signs of something so serious. I visited with the friend at the funeral home yesterday to express my sympathy. Her mother looked so at peace. My friend expressed great happiness at knowing that her mother had been 'saved'. How I wish there would have been more I could have done, but under the circumstances, there just wasn't.

I got a call from Janet yesterday afternoon. A gentleman that had driven for the garage was not expected to make it through the weekend. We planned on going to see him this morning. . . he didn't make it through the night. I just knew we would be too late. How sad. He was a special person.

How glad I am that I know what I know. How grateful I am that I know these people are in a much better place.

Well, today should be the day for John's stitches to come out. That is if "Nurse Sarah" says they are ready. We shall see. The knee is looking great, but he still has that nasty rash from the leopard wood. Hopefully it clears up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla