Hubby and Me

Monday, February 16, 2009

Well, the auction was COLD!!! It was snowing and of course it was outside. I bought a couple of things, but not what I was after. I left at 3:00 pm and they still had not gotten to what I was really there for, and probably didn't for another 2 hours. I decided I didn't really need another butter churn or juicer that bad and really preferred to be warm.

I watched McKayla Saturday evening while the kids went to PBR (pro bull riders). Since Brian used to be a bull rider and Sarah and John bothed worked at the local rodeo, it only seemed right that they be there for the event. We had a good time without the parents. She learned to play Yahtzee. I think she was a little overloaded on sugar though. She told me that her mouth was running faster than her feet could. She was right.

In Sunday school yesterday we were talking about faith. Something that we talked about really stuck with me and made me do some thinking. Someone brought up the idea that faith is harder to recognize when things are going good for us. When we are in the middle of that huge trial or problem, it is easy for us to be on our knees asking for help. We ask more often, we ask louder, we ask with greater sincerity. When things are going good and smooth, it is easy to say "OK Lord, I can handle this". It doesn't take as much faith on our part when it seems there are no trials before us. Honestly, I think that this is true. Think about it. The next time things are good in your life, remember to exercise your faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla