Hubby and Me

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Harvest time

OK, not for most things, but our rhubarb is ready. John got a scrumptious strawberry rhubarb pie first thing this morning. And now there are several bags ready to go in the freezer. Most people don't care for rhubarb, but it makes some mighty tasty treats. When I was a kid we would sit with a stalk of rhubarb and the salt shaker and eat until we had tummy aches. But it was soooooo good.

We have been busy bees this morning. We put peas, onions, garlic, spinach, lettuce, beets, and radishes in the garden. The grapes are planted behind the garage, and the blueberries went in the middle of the front yard. John says we are running out of room in the backyard. I'll find a space. . .

I was so excited to see the first little sprous of potatoes pushing up through the ground. What a crazy thing to get excited about, but I just love having that fresh food in the summer. I think we are headed to the greenhouse now to get some cabbage and broccoli. They like the cooler weather. What can I plant next???? I want a lemon tree, but I think that will have to wait until I get the greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla