Hubby and Me

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Toys



Well, my new toy finally got a permanent place on the island yesterday. John and John hooked up a wall plug for me. (great guys) It has already been doing some major work in the kitchen. I love it. This thing really has some power!!! The guys are sure that I will put it to the test.


Then there is John's new toy. OK, why does my toy involve work and his will be fun? Not necessarily lots of fun getting it fixed up, but it will be when he is finished. This truck had been stored for at least 40 years. He is so excited to have it back. His father had been on of the owners when John was very little. Will take a while to get fixed, but I'm sure that he will get it done.


Enrichment meeting on Tuesday was great. We had a therapist come and talk to us about depression. Gee!! It really makes you take a good hard look at yourself. She was great. Depression is a serious medical illness that many women suffer from. It isn't something that you can just "snap out of". Why do we think we need to be wonderwoman? Why do we compare ourselves to others? We should be happy with what we are. Yes, things in our life happen that cause us to wonder why. Make the best of what you have. If you think you suffer from depression, please get some help. They have wonderful meds now that can just take the edge off, without becoming addicted. Find someone to talk to. We had food made from peanut butter for our refreshments. Lorrie would have loved it.

Off to the cannery this weekend. I'm not sure what I am after, but I know it isn't as much before. I have a great deal stocked up, and still need more room. It is always fun to go and fill up those big cans of good food stuff.
The sun is shining, the rain has stopped and by Saturday we are suppossed to have 82 degree weather. That sure is going to help my new trees, blueberries, and grapes. It is so hard to have to wait on all the good stuff that they will produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting again

Starting again
1/28/09

John Jr, Annie, Brian, Sarah and McKayla